FinovateFall Hits the Bright Lights of Broadway
By Roy Urrico
Few events highlighting financial technology come at the frenetic speed of a Finovate show. FinovateFall, held September 12-14, 2022 at the Marriott Marquis Times Square in New York City, was no different.
Billed as “Tech Meeting Finance in the World’s Financial Capital,” the event was worthy of the surrounding stage presentations in the middle of Broadway’s theater district with more than 60 innovative demos, 100 expert speakers, and 1,600 attendees (half from financial institutions) part of the FinovateFall show.
Finovate is known for its fast pace and innovative financial technology showcases. Presenters in its general session demo sessions, representing startups and existing companies, each had seven minutes to present new products to potential partners, investors and buyers in fintech’s version of speed dating.
The presentations moved rapidly and the presenters spoke quickly as they tried to cram as much information as possible into their allotted time slots. The audience of financial institutions, credit unions, SMBs and fintech experts voted for their top demos in the Best of Show awards.
Here is a quick look at the Best of Show for FinovateFall 2022 awards and some others that stood out to Finopotamus at the conference:
· Debbie for its technology that leverages behavioral psychology and rewards to help users pay off three times more debt and help lenders recession-proof members.
· Horizn for its platform that helps financial institutions maximize the impact of digital and accelerate returns on digital investments with customers and employees.
· LemonadeLXP for its digital growth platform that helps financial institutions and fintechs turn staff into digital experts and support digital customers.
· Quilo for its technology that empowers lenders to digitally syndicate an individual personal loan at the time of underwriting, enabling them to provide more loans to more people.
· Stratyfy for its technology that increases access to financial services by bringing true transparency and less risk to critical financial decisions that impact millions.
· Themis for its collaboration platform designed for risk and compliance requirements to help accelerate partnerships between banks and fintechs.
Among the company’s demoing that caught Finopotamus’ attention at FinovateFall 2022:
· Eltropy, which enables financial institutions to digitally engage via text, secure chat, video, voice, as well as co-browse, and connect with bots-in a secure and compliant way. Eltropy Senior Vice President Murali Mahalingam and Chief Revenue Officer Dave Norton showcased a new interactive on-screen avatar — an intelligent virtual assistant named Kaitlin.
· Finalytics.AI in which Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Craig McLaughlin and Vice President and Chief Digital Officer Thomas Novak at Visions Federal Credit Union demoed its AI-enhanced digital experiences. Its system uses data analytics to dynamically present financial products relevant to the unique needs of each buyer's journey.
· Bankjoy with its business banking platform that enables financial institutions to deliver feature-rich digital banking technology to their business customers. Co-founder and CEO Michael Duncan presented on Bankjoy’s behalf.