PSCU Names Two New Associate Directors to Board
St. Petersburg, Fla. — (July 20, 2021) — PSCU, the nation’s premier payments credit union service organization (CUSO), today announced the appointment of Todd Lane, president and CEO of California Coast Credit Union (San Diego), and Maria J. Martinez, president and CEO of Border Federal Credit Union (Del Rio, Texas), as Associate Directors to its board.
“It is our pleasure to welcome Todd and Maria to our board of directors,” said Chuck Fagan, president and CEO of PSCU. “The expertise, guidance and diversity of thought that leaders like Todd and Maria bring to the cooperative allow us to continue making smart, strategic decisions that strengthen and better the organization. We look forward to the invaluable insights they will each bring to the PSCU cooperative.”
Lane has more than 30 years of executive leadership experience in the financial services industry. He was named president and CEO of California Coast Credit Union, which holds over $3.3 billion in assets, in 2014 after serving as chief financial officer since 2009. Currently, Lane serves as director of the Neighborhood House Association and sits on the board of the San Diego State University Alumni Association. He is also a director of the Cal Coast Cares Foundation board, which provides grants and scholarships to schools, students and educators in San Diego and Riverside counties. He holds a B.S. in Finance from San Diego State University and an M.B.A. from Pepperdine University.
Martinez has served as president and CEO of Border Federal Credit Union (BFCU), which holds more than $200 million in assets and serves over 25,000 members, since 1997. She currently serves on the CUNA board of directors, representing CUNA’s District 5, Class A credit unions, and is a member of the board of both CUNA’s CU Awareness LLC and CUNA Strategic Services. A passionate advocate for financial wellness for all within the credit union system, Martinez is also a founding member and Vice-Chairwoman of the Credit Union Women’s Leadership Alliance (CUWLA), as well as a founding member and the Chairwoman of the National Association of Latino Credit Unions & Professionals (NLCUP). She is also a member of the CU DEI Collective, in which PSCU is a founding organization. She holds a B.B.A. in Accounting from Our Lady of the Lake University and is a proud Credit Union Development Educator (CUDE).
Additional PSCU board members include:
· Sean Rathjen, CEO of Consumers Credit Union, Ill. (Chair)
· Frank Weidner, President and CEO of Wings Financial Credit Union, Minn. (Vice Chair)
· Andrew Rosen, President and CEO of Hawaii State Federal Credit Union, Hawaii (Treasurer)
· Cathy Pace, President and CEO of Allegacy Federal Credit Union, N.C. (Secretary)
· Cathie Tierney, President and CEO of Community First Credit Union, Wis. (Past Chair)
· Craig Esrael, President and CEO of First South Financial Credit Union, Tenn.
· Jeff March, President and CEO of Citadel Federal Credit Union, Pa.
· Mark Robnett, President and CEO of Justice Federal Credit Union, Va. (Associate Director)
· Chris Shockley, President and CEO of Virginia Credit Union, Va.
· Amy Sink, CEO of Interra Credit Union, Ind.
· Kit Snyder, President and CEO of Consumers Credit Union, Mich.
· Rob Stuart, President and CEO, OnPoint Community Credit Union, Ore.
· Nathanael Tarwasokono, President and CEO of Firstmark Credit Union, Texas (Associate Director)
PSCU, the nation’s premier payments CUSO, supports the success of 1,500 credit unions representing more than 5.4 billion transactions annually. Committed to service excellence and focused on innovation, PSCU’s payment processing, risk management, data and analytics, loyalty programs, digital banking, marketing, strategic consulting and mobile platforms help deliver possibilities and seamless member experiences. Comprehensive, 24/7/365 member support is provided by contact centers located throughout the United States. The origin of PSCU’s model is collaboration and scale, and the company has leveraged its influence on behalf of credit unions and their members for more than 40 years. Today, PSCU provides an end-to-end, competitive advantage that enables credit unions to securely grow and meet evolving consumer demands. For more information, visit PSCU.com.